Ideas For How To Invite Happiness

This is attributed to Abraham Lincoln- "We're just about as happy as we make up our minds to be."

Is it fair to offer Appollinaire's advice, “It’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy”? I've never quite been able to figure that out!   Because...

Happiness is not an accidental visitor.  At least, not normally.                                    

I am Happiness. I willingly arrive everywhere I am invited. 

I come immediately where I am welcomed. I tell people who seem confused about how they can get me to show up (for a short visit or a long stay) to remember the last time I was with them and repeat that. I recognize the invitation in all forms. 

My favorite kind of invitation you ask? I Love to show up in the beginning of the day when any inviter is still dancing. Yes. Beginning a day with dance is an ideal invitation to a visit from happiness. Another favorite is arriving in the middle of someone extending a kindness or offering a grace,

I'll look for your invitation and hope to see you soon. 

with a modicum of joy and hope,

Happiness 

Comments