Love Letter From Lemongrass

 


mary anne radmacher maryanneradmacher7@gmail.com

12:12 PM (1 hour ago)
to me
Lemon grass has gone global. You will find our origins in Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Thailand evidenced by being intrinsic to their cuisines.

You may mistake me for an ordinary sort of grass, but don’t let what looks like one thing dissuade you from the possibility of something else being true. At the risk of sounding like I’m bragging,  I am not only not ordinary I am rather extraordinary. I am not content just to look and smell pretty, I am nutritional, medicinal and antibacterial. Just my presence near human habitation dissuades mosquitoes from coming around. I am aromatic. I’m used in soaps, perfumes, cosmetics, teas, cleaning products and astringents. I’m tasty, too. 

People around around the world use me in delicious dishes. Numerous traditional teas include lemongrass and insist that my anti-inflammatory and immune supporting benefits are measurable. I even play a part in the production of the vitamin A supplement. These are just some of the reasons that humans have found lemongrass to be beneficial.

Speaking of benefits, here’s how to benefit me. I like it hot and sunny. If you do not dwell in a warm climate consider a sunny spot in a window with lots of exposure to the sun. I am also very fond of moist soil, so please water me regularly.

Seriously, if you’ll take good care of me I’ll take good care of you

Love, 
Lemongrass

PS 
- from Mary Anne em Radmacher 

My friend showed me three potted plants. To all appearances they were dead. Dry. Withered. She asked if I thought they should be planted in the garden. I told her my first impulse was that they looked dead and should just be thrown away.

She agreed they looked like goners. But said there was no harm in giving them a chance. Many weeks, full sun and daily watering later, one shows a sign of life with a single blade of green at its center, the second is beginning to thrive and the third has grown fully and has doubled in size.

Lemongrass Is good medicine… Even for itself! 
- m.


Comments