A Little Letter From a Lizard

 


I am small AND I am mighty. My heritage is impressive. Those big, ole ancient creatures? They aren’t lost! I am their descendent and it’s an honor I take very seriously. They were larger, it’s true. Just like them, I have overlapping scales. Lepidosaurs then and Lepidosaurs now. 

You may wonder why I am writing you. You have a habit of neglecting your ancestors. You think you know so much and are so different and yet… Modern business principles utilize the writings of Marcus Aurelius, Roman emperor in the second century. And thousands of years before him there were people selling stuff that didn’t do what they claimed and people doing anonymous kindnesses for their neighbors. Bullies and brave hearts. Then as now. That’s why it’s called, “human nature.“ 

So once my ancient grandmother was a massive creature. Massive, I say. I may be small now but I do good work. I keep pests out of your garden and away from your patio. I even manage to invite a spider or two out of your house. You’re welcome. 

My daily accomplishments have me straighten out my tail and stand tall. Sometimes I wonder about your ancients. Are you smaller now than you were back in the day? Did you once walk as a giant? I’m told it’s possible to be a giant with courage, so you can stand tall knowing that. I inhabit my lineage with pride and you can, as well, if you just remember it.  

A little letter from a Lizard, 

The not-quite-but-almost-endangered

Florida Scrub Lizard

--

Visit my partner in inspiration; AppliedInsight.net

#CourageDoesn'tAlwaysRoar

#LiveWithIntention

- mary anne em radmacher©

Comments