Dear You


 Dear You,

I am the ancient partner to the wide spaces of sea and sky. I adorn the crests and feathers of noble birds. I announce the arrival of many tropical fish. I bloom from soil and among the common, blooming warm colors, appear like magic.

In spite of my breadth and longevity, there are many things I do not know, at least not with any certainty. And even more things that I cannot recall. Consider me and you. Did you come to the planet with the qualities of loyalty, wisdom, trust, confidence and intelligence? If so, would that explain why you were naturally, from the beginning, drawn to me?

On the other hand, were all of your qualities so familiar and engaging that I naturally came alongside you? I can’t remember and perhaps it doesn’t matter. I do not know the origin of me being your favorite. I DO know that we do good work in the world together and we look good while doing it.

Gratefully yours, 

The Color Blue


(Illustration from a series called “favorite colors” by Mary Anne em Radmacher.)

Visit my partner in inspiration - AppliedInsight.net

#LiveWithIntention

#CourageDoesn’tAlwaysRoar

- mary anne em radmacher©


Comments