A Summary of an Extensive Correspondence Between a Creative and a Muse

 


Dear Muse,

Must you be so capricious? I’m fully occupied in my days. It would be superb if you could use my scheduling platform. May I forward it to you?

With hope,

Your Creative

_______________

Dear Creative,

Your request-two points:

1)  No.

2) You are not mine. I own nobody. 

Muse

PS: don’t make the mistake of trying to own me.

_______________

Dear Muse,

It seems you took offense at my specific request. I will ask more generally. Is it possible for you to honor my “do not disturb” hours of 11 PM to 7AM? I really need my sleep. 

With respect,

A Creative

_______________

Dear Creative,

Oh, Creative- two points:

1). No.

2). Your close is inaccurate. Your request is not respectful in that it underscores a basic misconception of how I work. I come when I can. I show up for you when I’m able to, not when it’s convenient for you. Would you prefer I discontinue my services? I can do that.

Muse

_______________

Dear Muse,

Two important points: 

1). No. I definitely want you to continue your extraordinary lifelong service to me. 

2). You are invaluable. Show up as you are able. I will learn to welcome you anytime.

With gratitude, 

I remain, 

Creative


Visit my partner in inspiration;
AppliedInsight.net

#LiveWithIntention

#CourageDoesn’tAlwaysRoar


Comments